Friday 4 May 2012

Viva La Roma

The remix is back!!! Too much to see too much to eat too much too shop too much to pray - so Roma needs to be remixed! So enjoy the footsteps over the last few days!

We stepped foot into Roma in style! I have taught the Cardinal about fashion and he has taught me about Dio (God)! I was wearing 'H' earrings when we were in the airport and Cardinal wanted to know what they meant. I replied 'Hermes, of course!' we then walked passed the 'Hermes' store and he shouts out 'Hey Heaven, here is your Hermes!' I think I am in, my Cardinal calls me Heaven! Love it and him! Bless his little cotton socks!

We are staying in Domus Australia which is Cardinal's little baby. It opened in October 2011 by the Pope. This place is stunning! We are being treated like Kings and Queens. We celebrated in the most gorgeous Church with beautiful paintings of Australian history. Domus is right in the centre and in walking distance to the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps! When can I add a school to this? This place is a spiritual haven amongst the fashion, food and a history book!

The pasta is mouth watering, the Gelato is licktastic, the pizza is bursting with flavor and the wine is made with Love! So after enjoying a coffee and a Canoli in the sunshine, I had a pretty women moment! I went into this gorgeous shop (which was a cross between Allannah Hill and Zara with an Italian twist)...I had four people dressing me, bringing me champagne and Italian sweets! Heaven! I know this was the 21st century St Paul Footsteps! The directions were 'enjoy Roma at your leisure till 2pm'...I think I passed!

After I had an indulgent morning I was humbled, overwhelmed and exited to follow in St Mary MacKillop's Footsteps when she first visited Rome. A true dream come true!!!

Next morning we had mass in the Cathedral of Rome. As we were leaving a huge rock concert were blasting out tunes in the hot Roman sun - we have just been so spoilt...then we did a very transforming journey up the sanctuary of the Holy Steps. We kneeled our way up over 30 steps. Each step saying a prayer. I was over joyed to see Cardinal Pell lead the way (who has such bad knees but he lead us all) - beautiful! Life changing!

To just top off the night as always we are just treated amazingly! We were surprised and taken to dinner downstairs under our hotel in Domus in the Crypt.
Here we were spoiled with Italian wine, canapés and an Italian feast! Whilst we all were laughing and being merry we were treated with an amazing Italian band!!! So great! This will be a night to remember! I just am so grateful...words can not describe the feeling!!!
Ciao Bella and Bello...
Pope or burst!
Ps note the photo with the gelato with the finger over it - that is the Cardinal! I have started to teach him to take photos on my iPhone!

No comments:

Post a Comment