Monday 23 April 2012

Our Lady....

Gentle woman, quiet light...Gentle Mother, Peaceful dove, Teach us wisdom, teach us love....

This was our hymn today whilst we celebrated Mass in Mary Mother of God's House. Today was a day of love and gratitude for my Mummy.

Our group has bonded so well, full of laughter, love and spirit. Everyone is on a different journey but here for a reason...The Cardinal is leading us with this love and today was a great example of it. When we were in the baptism place of the Virgin Mary in Ephesus, Cardinal shared with us that this was the exact place that St Paul preached that God is the trinity.

With the Holy Spirit within us we travelled to where Our Lady once lived after her son passed away. During our time there we reflected on her gentleness and love. I have learnt that the more positive energy, love, gratitude and spirit you put out to the world the more you will receive. Our Lady and my Mummy taught me this...the people I am around are showing this to me too. Whatever Religion or beliefs are yours, I think it is important to have some sort of spiritual guidance or spiritual presence in your life. It is liberating and empowering. You feel as though you always have someone with you showing you the way forward even if you are all alone...

After our warm sun beating down on us whilst we trekked our footsteps (mine in Chanel flats) we watch a sunset at St John's Basilica. Here we all walked in single file but united as one whilst we emerged ourselves in St John's baptismal bath. It was liberating to do this as an adult because I wanted to and also with the leader of our Church and so many faithful educators.

Then we ate Gozeleme, a brought a Turkish poncho and a Turkish Man asked if he could see my Father so he could buy me for some Camels! (my executive director said he would play my Dad and trade some Carmel's for me!!!)...ummm I think I will wait till Roma!
God Bless and Ciao for now! Xxx

1 comment:

  1. We are glad you are obviously having a spiritual journey that is very rewarding for you. And also, that you're keeping your of humour. On that note, Ian wants to know did you find out how many camels you were worth? Just for future reference.
    Ian says its nice the Virgin Mary has her own taxi -- does she use it often?
    Food looks fantastic!
    D&I xx

    ReplyDelete