Wednesday 25 April 2012

Footsteps of Chanel

We are Cankkale, Turkeywhich is across the bag from Anzac Cove in Gallipoli. What a magical little place this is. We are staying on the water front and have the waves lapping at our window. Yesterday afternoon I went for a walk and reflection time on the beach watching the sunset and met a gorgeous Turkish family. They were playing in the sand and running back and forth to the water trying not to get wet but secretly hoping the water would splash up at them. The kids were 2, 6 and 8. The little girl kept posing for photos for me and wanted lots of cuddles. This family shared laughter, love and joy just like any other family would anywhere else in the world...however...the difference through broken English and lots of miming and sharading I found out they live in a one bed-room beyond the cafe. But this family was content and full if spirit because they had each other (see the picture below if the little one)...
This was like the group of children I chatted to at Pergmon. These children were just happy to have someone to talk to you, it was life changing for me. I really want to help kids like this...it made me miss my students so much.

We then headed to Troy and jumped on the horse! Interestingly on the way to the site Amy and I were listening to Horses by Darrel Brathway. This trip has just been dropping me so many signs I can't keep up!!!

We trekked up the hill of Assos (no not the UK store, I wasn't disappointed when I found out - much ;) here St Paul travelled and hiked across the mountain tops through the field of poppies...so when in Turkey, so did I? Yes, I even gave up the option to shop!!! I trekked in my Chanel flats, stockings and LBD! Was it successful? Of course!!! Pilgrim if the 21st Cenrury!

Must go off to Gallipoli for Anzac Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment