Friday 4 May 2012

Papa and The Cardinal's biggest fans!

Okay okay so we have had mass in Corith, was VIP's in Gallipoli, met Julie Gillard, experienced the wonder of the workd in a hot air balloon and have made an amazing friend with the Archbishop of Sydney...plus all the other amazing things in between! But then....they chuck in Mass at St Peter's Basilica!! And wait for it and had the Basilica to ourselves!!! What??? Saint Peter is buried here! Then we step out to the sea of people on the centre stage behind the Pope with our Cardinal and I ask him to bless my head on the steps of St Peter with the sun on us and the world watching. But I felt like it was just me and God. When he touched my head, the feeling was over-powering, like a rush of love running through my body. I felt like I was falling in love again as I was being healed. A blanket covered my heart and snuggled me. Very special.
We were blessed to sit with the Pope as he gave us a blessing. An experience we will all keep in our hearts forever.
Following this we were then taken out to lunch by the Cardinal ! But because we were running late (only 7 of us went to lunch with him) we had a little private tour with him in the grounds! It was great to see him in his element and he was happy to show us off and we were just as happy to be his groupies!!! After Roaming around the Vatican gardens, c. Chapel, Vatican Museum we ventured to the Trevi fountain to pray for love! Oh what a night!!! Tonight we came to the conclusion that Rome and Paris are the two most romantic cities in the world but have a different romance about them. Paris is confidant, attractive, young and the honeymoon love...whereas as Roma is the 30year deep love in which you can sit next to a fountain with your true love in silence but completely hear each other!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment