Friday 13 April 2012

Delayed footsteps...

We have arrived....in...singapore. Unfortunately our plane has been delayed 8hrs so we are all exploring the airport. Cosy couches, fried noodles, bed hair and pilgrims entering in & out of consciousness asking 'what time zone are we in?'....
So what has happened so far? Challenge 1 you ask? Yes success - suitcase weighed in at 19.8kg! Challenge 2 - no complaining! Well that has been interesting lets just say I feel like I am a reality TV contestant & I will refer to this challenge as 'My Journey'...I didn't realize how well I have mastered the 'whinge'! I have even tricked myself into whinging & didn't even realized I had complained till well after the nagging session. This challenge is going to b more difficult than I thought!!! (see I am good aren't I?)...I wonder if St Paul had this inner monologue happening when he was writing his letters?
Anyways on the trip over I sat in between 2 Elderly Greek men - we chatted in Greek/English the whole way over (I don't speak a word of Greek but it was fun trying)...somehow this was reminiscent of my Mexico trip swished between the 2 mexican mammas!

Now doesy eyed I scan around the quite airport, a smile comes to my face (not Mother Teresa yet)...but I notice the sea of olive green harvest pilgrim bags (okay I know I brought my Mulberry bag instead of the one provided by harvest but it matches with everyone's) and next to them are sleeping beauties wrapped in blue blankets...I can't distinguish who is who - I know amongst us there are teachers, coordinators, principals, consultants and our executive director...but we are all 'camped' out together, everyone is an equal, everyone is sharing this journey together for their own personal reason....I am sure St Paul would not have had the comfort of these couches, sandwiches or blue blankets whilst on his journey but I am sure he would have made sure everyone felt like an equal whether the people around him were on the same journey or at a different stage he would have guided them just like I am being guided today...I am humble. Our footsteps have begun...

No comments:

Post a Comment